17 January 2013

The world is my oyster


I remember waking up feeling especially excited for the day to begin. A little strange, given that two new assignments had just been added to our workload and that midweek doesn't usually come across as appealing as the weekend. Nonetheless, I felt like I deserved to wear something bomb to go along with the day's sentiments. Bagged a couple of compliments throughout the day, so I must have done something right. ;)


Photo credits: Katie Tichy

(Sunglasses - TheBlackground, Galaxy Crop Top - MissTichy, Skirt & Necklace - H&M, Vans Sneakers)
My dad and I made a trip down to one of the arts colleges here in Singapore, just as an eye opener. You know how dads are when it comes to their kids futures, although I'm eternally grateful that mine is incredibly supportive and encouraging when it comes to fashion. Being at the college with my dad made me feel so liberated. For once in my life I could picture myself chasing after something that I love and actually being good at it. I've never really had a knack for academics and there's always been that subconscious inferiority complex, sitting annoyingly on my shoulder, telling me that I'm nothing but mediocre. But it can now suck it because God really does make a way when we're stuck in a horrible rut, and it amazes me to no end how things ALWAYS seem to fall perfectly into place. 
So yes, I'm going to end this post in the cheesiest way possible but its only cliche if you haven't experienced it for yourself. It took a truckload of confidence for me to drop everything that seemed stable at the time and grab my passion by the tail, but I never once regretted making the sacrifices I did that got me here. I want this blog to not only document my love for fashion but also the journey ahead of me, which looks flippin exciting if you ask me.
~
"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33








No comments:

Post a Comment